A Day in the Life
A Day in the Life session is not your typical photo session. If you’ve hired a professional photographer in the past, you probably expect to sit on a stool, face the camera and say “CHEESE”. Their reply is “chin down. tilt your head. good.” Sound familiar?
Hiring a photographer for A Day in the Life session is more like having a new friend over for lunch, while you enjoy the day and relax. You and your family wear whatever you like. There are no stools, no chin down or tilting your head. As a matter of fact, you might forget the photographer is even there. That’s the whole idea: to capture a day in your life and preserve the everyday memories. If you think this sounds great but you’d like to find out more before booking a session, just ask me and I’ll answer all your questions.
A Day in the Life session is different. Before your session, I’ll call you so we can chat briefly. I want to get to know you and your family a bit before I come over. I also want you to know me better – after all, you’re inviting me into your home. That’s a huge measure of trust! I want you to feel comfortable with me before we meet face-to-face. We will talk about what your family would like to do for your DITL session. You could spend the day relaxing at home (baking cookies, playing a board game, doing homeschool, etc.) or out on the town for an adventure (Ice cream parlor, the dog park, grocery shopping, and so on). On the day of your session, I will come over and meet everyone, chatting for a little while before I ever take the lens cap off my camera. The adults already know each other, so it’s my turn to try to win over the kids. Some are shy, others are outgoing. Their trust meter is sensitive so I will follow their lead and let them decide when they are ready to open up. When it’s time to start shooting, I will hang back and shoot as you and your family does what you do best: share, talk, encourage, laugh, and love. I won’t direct you to move over there or stop or pose. I will capture those authentic moments that are the ones we remember best in years to come.
Scheduling a session with me – CONTACT ME TODAY so we can find a date and time that works for both of us. I’ll contact you back by text, email, or phone so we can figure out the details and also talk about a location for the session. When you’re ready to book, you’ll pay a $100 retainer fee to reserve your date with me. Once your retainer is paid, I will not accept any other clients on that date.
Session pricing – I am an ALL-INCLUSIVE photographer. That means I will shoot your session, then edit a certain number of images and create album pages that tell the story of your session.
• DITL Package – $1000 – your digital album pages are printed in a beautiful 10×10 layflat album, plus you will receive a set of 5×7 prints of each image in your session gallery. You’ll also receive all your gallery images as watermarked web-size files, perfect for sharing online.
• DITL (just digitals) – $500 – your digital album pages are delivered to you with a print release, so that you may have your full album pages printed at an album retailer of your choice. You will also receive all your gallery images as watermarked web-size files, perfect for sharing online.
You’ll also get the individual images as low-resolution image files, appropriate for sharing online with friends and family. If you’d like to have high-resolution digital files with a print release, you can purchase those after your session. I also offer an extra set of 5×7 professional prints (one of each image from your session) for $250. Here’s a
price list for professional prints and products, all of which carry a 100% money-back guarantee. Your full amount due is calculated by retainer fee + session fee + additional (optional) products
A Day in the Life session is set up so that you can have a great variety of images from our time together.
• Up to three hours – Your life moves fast enough on a daily basis; you don’t need to rush your photography session too. I will stay for up to 3 hours while you relax, focus on your family, and allow yourself to just be present with the people around you. Choose an activity you enjoy and will bring up good memories when you look back at your session years from now.
• Digital Images – Your session will yield about 100 digital images, possibly more. That’s a LOT of images to go through to pick just a few favorites. Instead, I give you all the digital images as low-resolution files for sharing online. That means, you aren’t able to use the images to make prints, but you can share them with anyone who uses the internet. Which is basically everybody.
• Custom Album Pages – I will take all your images and design individual album pages that capture all the details and moments of your day. This allows you to find an album design retailer of your choosing for your album pages. This peek into your life isn’t just about one day. It’s about every day. It’s your story. The pictures on those pages aren’t about making cookies or playing checkers. They are about parents being mentors. They are about learning how to help and forgive and be kind.
a two-page spread for an album
Delivering your images – Two weeks after your session, I will send you a link to a password-protected online gallery of your session images. You can see your photos and share the link with family and friends. Your USB flash drive of digital album pages (and any other products, if you’ve ordered those) will be delivered to your home – by me, if you’re local; by your mailman if you live out-of-town.
Purchasing prints and products – I encourage all my clients to print and display their beautiful session images. The best and easiest way to do that is to order them through me. Your images will look their best when printed at a PROFESSIONAL PRINT LAB. Images purchased from me will be archival quality, correctly color-balanced, and have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
My product offerings include what you’d expect (Full-Resolution digital files, professional prints, canvases, albums) as well as what you might not expect (prints on wood, acrylic blocks, ornaments, and jewelry). I know you can find lots of photo products online and in the photo department of big retailers, but I stand behind the quality of every product I sell. If you don’t like what you’ve ordered, simply return it to me and get 100% of your money back, no questions asked.
Whether you order prints from me, or print your images at a retailer of your choice, please print your images! Along with your print release, I include recommendations for print labs as well as instructions for how to protect your images.
You’ll never realize how important a photograph is,
until it’s all that you have left.
Still have more questions about A Day In The Life session? Check out this list of frequently asked questions, or just shoot me an email and we can talk some more.